Richie Sambora FIRED from Bon Jovi tour

Richie Sambora FIRED from Bon Jovi tour

Bon Jovi 's lead guitarist Richie Sambora was fired from the band's tour. Photo: Associated Press

Bon Jovi ‘s lead guitarist Richie Sambora was fired from the band’s tour, according to reports.

The rocker reportedly fell out with Jon Bon Jovi and their bandmates over money, according to

Sambora still collects songwriting royalties and profits from merchandise, but he won’t be rejoining the band onstage after stepping down earlier this year.

Neither the guitarist nor Bon Jovi have discussed the split or the reason for it, but Sambora is reportedly not taking the news well.

A source says, “Richie wants to go back on stage – that’s his first love. He’s really upset over the news.”

The 54 year old has not performed with the band since the spring, citing a “personal matter,” and in July, Sambora revealed he wouldn’t be joining the band for their much-anticipated Hyde Park shows in London.

He said, “I am not going to be onstage at Hyde Park sadly. It’s just not happening right now. I truly want to be there and I feel very sad for the fans that I won’t be performing. I love the fans, I love the band.”

He added, “Jon (Bon Jovi) and I have been tight for, like, 30 years, so all of this is very sad.”

Recent Headlines

in Music

TOP 10: Count down the hottest songs this week


The top 10 songs from the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week ending Oct. 10.

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.